Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My GD!

Today we had our group discussion ...The topic for discussion was Should Inventions be for the comfort or for the essentials of common man...!Hmmm well i am not that kind of person who speaks spontaneously on any topic before any one.At the same time i dont remain dumb.But god knows what happened today but i dint at all speak properly.Not that i was scared too...I was stammerring ....How much i tried to speak continously ....but couldnt.I have this tendency to underestimate my capabilities and i always feel that evryone around me is better than me.I really dont know when n how i am gonna get over this.Its not that i dont have ideas regarding the topic ...Its not that i lack fluency in english...Because of my todays performance i totally lost my confidence ...How much i thought i should speak well before the GD that much i splooshed it.I guess the things i should be doing to improove myself would be to speak and express my view points regarding a topic when some one converses rather than just listening to them n keep quiet .I should start believing that i am no worse than others .Nd ofcourse start reading a bit more so that i have an idea on different topics happening.I think the main reason why i did badly today was that i kept telling myself that you are bad nd u shud do well...rather is houldnt have bothered about it so much and should have spoken whatevr was in my mind.But whatever has happened is over cant do anything much about it.So let me better myself and crac the next GD.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The confidence u have in ur language is much important than the points you have to say. One can never expect ready made points for all the topics.some topics ok. some like "globalisation in uganda" none can have points. Building points from what others say and telling the same in such a way that it is a new point is the trick that will work out in common GDs. another idea is to talk abt a related thing abt the topic. here others will help u to get points.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

y an inactivity?

10:53 PM  
Blogger Naresh said...

u know wht, as a popular saying goes... evryone feels low when they see the problem, but when they try solving it they realise some inner capabilities n feel more confident! probly, u felt the former, bt dnt do da latter!
anyway, thrz alwayz a nxt time...
waise, wht this gd for??? some frndly banter r some evaluation???

10:30 AM  
Blogger asha said...

ok guys i am back with a bang!!!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home