Friday, November 18, 2005

coding and life!!

Its been five months that i am spending my life in coding coding n more coding at hp labs,bangalore.I have come here for my internship for 6 months.In the beginning it was like greek n latin as i never wud be able to understand anything as i have been a EEE student and had never known anything about coding except for few syntax in C.Life was hell their was tension evry time if i would be able to complete the given work.I used to wonder why there where people whose life had nothin but coding....But apprehensively i had laid my hands on it...
Believe me the first few days where hell as there was no one to help and i wouldnt know how to proceed.Then i started getting in to ease with it and started learning in bit by bit.Ofcourse i should thank many people who helped me in the process...who always reminded me that one should never give up and one cant become an expert in a fortnight.There are hell lot of things that i had learnt.To start with firstly....There where inumerable situations which prooved that Nothing is impossible.....and one should never ever loose confidence in oneself.At times i used to get stuck for something like 10 to 15 days trying to break my head over as to what went wrong in the code ...probably a guy well experienced would have solved it in 1 or 2 days.And there where situations like ... after thinkin loads n getting irritated with my work and myself i realise its a silliest of silly mistakes.Trust me there where many instances when i felt why the F*** am i doing this.....or why am i this dumb in life....??And the worst part of it is the person above you just wants the work to get done irrespective of what you are going through.Infact i even learnt how different people are and how managers tackle with different situations .And the i also found the secret of getting things done...which also was told to me by my friend...That is when you are stuck at some point and not knowing where to move to...jus chill and freak out ...go for a movie...or have Beer....and come back in the morning ...believe me it worked with me always.For all those people out there who are worried as to why their code isnt working properly believe me that code is the last thing to worry about...jus ENJOI MADI.Last year at the same time i was reading the blog of a gal who did her internship here and wrote that she is jus waiting for this internship to get over.I wondered why she was talkin like this when she gets her stipend ...work for only 5 days a week and no tests like BITS...But now i realise i too have stepped in to her shoes ..i am jus waiting for all this to get over soon so that i get back to bits and njoi my campus life which is a bliss.

5 Comments:

Blogger Naresh said...

Work n students always share this chemistry! v tend 2 love work n jobs till v get a feel of it, n once v get into it, v begin 2 get out of it asap! the same was da case wid me in my summer internship!

one thing 4 sure, i pity u guyz missin out on all final yr fun!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

even i was an EEE student ;)
and one more thing never blog anything abt what you are working on. Though may not be a high secret, dont get into to troubles.

9:05 PM  
Blogger asha said...

hey Naresh...we arent missing out on anythin...next sem i am gonna be on campus...shall freak out once i make a job...

9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i guess y IT ppl carve for weekends!

1:01 AM  
Blogger asha said...

hey followed ur advice u will notice if u read my blog again!!:)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home